- Moved to Haystack GitHub org: https://github.com/django-haystack/celery-haystack
- Fix handling the default Haystack backend alias, making it a list.
CELERY_HAYSTACK_QUEUEsetting to define which Celery queue to use.
CELERY_HAYSTACK_COUNTDOWNsetting to define when to start the indexing task after initially creating it.
- Stop returning after after enqueing in the Haystack router to support multple routers.
- Optionally support using django-transaction-hooks for improved transaction handling.
- Instantiate update task class correctly.
- Use Celery’s task logger utility function.
- Fix bug when using multiple Haystack indizes
- Fixed merge bug where primary key of object was cast to int
- Add compatibility for Python 3.3, 3.4, Celery 3.X
- Fixed import time issue with Haystack 2.X.
- Minor fixes to the README.
- Made signal processor compatible for subclassing for easier extensibility.
- Fixed an installation issues with d2to1.
Backwards incompatible change to support the new signal processor API in Haystack 2.X. To upgrade simply add this to your settings:
HAYSTACK_SIGNAL_PROCESSOR = 'celery_haystack.signals.CelerySignalProcessor'
Many thanks to Stefan Wehrmeyer for the help.
Simplified index class implementation.
Support multiple indexes in the task. Thanks, Stefan Wehrmeyer.
Use the exception handler of the task logger instead of the error handler when catching an exception.
Switched to d2to1 for handling package metadata.
- Fixed AttributeError in settings handling.
- Fixed logging setup.
backwards incompatible change
Added support for django-celery-transactions to make sure the tasks are respecting Django’s transaction management. It holds on to Celery tasks until the current database transaction is committed, avoiding potential race conditions as described in Celery’s user guide.
This is enabled by default but can be disabled in case you want to manually manage the transactions:
CELERY_HAYSTACK_TRANSACTION_SAFE = False
Refactored the error handling to always return a message about what happened in every step of the index interaction. Raises exception about misconfiguration and wrong parameters quicker.
Improved support for multiple search indexes as implemented by Haystack 2.X. Many thanks to Germán M. Bravo (Kronuz).
- Fixed bug which caused the deletion of an item to not happen correctly.
Please rebuild your Haystack indexes using the
- Addded initial Sphinx documentation: http://celery-haystack.rtfd.org
- Revamped the tets to test the search results, not only queuing.
- Minor bugfix in new appconf support code.
- Moved configuration defaults handling to django-appconf.
- Fixed issue that occured when retrying a task.
- Fixed typo in exception message handling.
- Added support for Haystack 1.2.X.
- Properly stop indexing if instance couldn’t be found.
- Forced Celery task config values to be of the correct type.
v0.1.2 (2011-07-29) and v0.1.3 (2011-08-01)¶
- Removed stale print statement.
- Fixed packaging issue (added manifest template).
- Initial release.